The Nexplanon® implant is approved for use to prevent pregnancies for up to 3 years. It has not been approved to use for more than 3 years. The purpose of this clinical trial is to confirm that the use of the implant for more than 3 years:
- remains effective to prevent pregnancy
- remains safe
- maintains menstrual cycle (periods) control
Who can join this clinical trial?
You may be able to join this clinical trial if you:
- Have a Nexplanon® implant that was inserted approximately 3 years ago
- Are willing to continue to use the implant for an additional 2 years and do not intend to use any other form of contraception (for example, condoms, vasectomy)
- Are between 18 and 35 years old
Being part of this clinical trial is voluntary.
You may choose to join the study or not. If you choose to be part of the trial, you can change your mind and discontinue at any time. This will not affect care you receive outside of the trial or any medical benefits that you had before the trial.
What will I be asked to do if I join?
If you join, you will be in the trial for a little over 2 years. You will:
- Visit the research site quarterly for the trial doctor and staff to check on your health and collect information for research purposes
- Complete trial-related activities between visits, such as using an electronic diary to answer brief questions daily.
Participants may be eligible to receive compensation for travel and time for participating in the study. All study-related activities and procedures are provided to participants at no cost.
If you are interested in joining this clinical trial and would like additional information, please contact Addie Hayes, RN at 316-369-0515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.